BEGINNING

Wednesday, May 23

ON THE ROAD OFFICIAL CANNES PRESSCON



Tweets. Popsugar@Trois_Couleurs via kstewartnews - Under the CUT
Via




Kristen: Montreal is where we started the film, I got to live more in those 4 weeks than normally.
Kristen: describes starting the movie as “conception”
Walter Salles talking abt “boot camp” of movies & music the cast experienced together to gain “almost 3 dimensional” knowledge #OnTheRoad
Kristen:  LouAnn Anderson’s daughter came to visit us, it was emotionally stimulating, it connected me to my character as a real person. “She jumps off the page and smacks you in the face…with her tongue…not in a bad way!”
 Kristen: LouAnn never sold herself, she never made herself a commodity, she embodies the spirit of the book. I listened to tapes of her voice.
Walter Salles: says the actors were “coauthors” on the film
 Tom Sturridge : Ginsberg’s literary juvenilia is amazing, I felt very intimate with him reading this naked expression of his  
Danny Morgan: I was lucky to meet Al Hinkel in person, at the wrap party–very surreal
 Kristen: on doing the sex scenes “I love scaring myself, I wanted to do it” I love pushing…I love scaring myself…as long as you’re being honest there is nothing to be afraid of.
 Kristen: I’m glad I aged a little before doing the part. As long as you’re being honest there’s nothing to be ashamed of.
  Kristen: says she always wants to go for it in movies, when asked about risqué scenes.
 Salles: we tried to develop the female characters -but the scroll has much more about them than the original book published in 1957
Tom Sturridge: Ginsberg’s literary juvenilia is amazing, I felt very intimate with him reading this naked expression of his
 Kirsten Dunst: I was lucky bc Carolyn Cassady wrote a book. She was trying to live a normal life and got caught up with those guys
 Salles: it’s about the loss of innocence, that last frontier that they will find,the end of the American dream #OTT
 Kristen first met Walter at 16/17 to talk abt #OnTheRoad (& the character is 16), she is glad she actually got to be a bit older filming.



Posting: Riesty ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment